When your HVAC system needs to be repaired or replaced, it is critical to select a contractor who provides a full array of heating and air conditioning repair, maintenance and installation services. Most homeowners have a tendency to focus on the efficiency of their equipment, but AC unit performance is also affected by the skill and knowledge of the servicing contractor.
As a group, HVAC contractors may seem to be similar, but we encourage you to ask these questions:
- How many years has the contractor been in business?
- Is the contractor properly licensed, bonded and insured?
- Are the contractor’s technicians NATE certified?
- Will the contractor provide a list of referrals?
- Is 24-hour emergency service available?
- Does the company have a 100% satisfaction guarantee?